The Principal/Office Manager should contact the VOW operator immediately, with an explanation as to why the information is false or inaccurate. If the information was transmitted correctly over the RLS, the VOW operator has an obligation to immediately correct any false or inaccurate information. The VOW does not have an obligation to correct information that was transmitted over the RLS inaccurately—that is the Exclusive Broker’s responsibility.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between a VOW and a traditional broker website?
- What is a Virtual Office Website?
- Will the exclusive listings displayed on the VOW site indicate the name of the listing firm?
- What if an agent or broker thinks that a VOW is displaying wrong or false information about their property?
- How can an agent or broker make sure that the VOW is accurately displaying my firm’s exclusive listings?
- Can an agent or broker elect to not have an exclusive listing displayed over the Internet?
- What if a seller does not want their property displayed on the Internet, including VOW sites?
- Are agents allowed to have their own VOW separate from their brokers?
- What is an AVP?
- Will the VOW need to execute a separate agreement with REBNY in order to operate?